Career Programme Project Managers
Cantonese in Ireland (a non-profit organisation) is looking for TWO project managers to
spearhead a government funded project for one year. This is a work-experience position
and we would provide necessary allowance to cover expenses related to the project (e.g.,
internet fees, electricity, and transportation).
The project is funded by the North East Inner City (NEIC) Programme Office. The goal is to
help Cantonese speaking migrants to start their lives in Ireland by providing useful
information (e.g., medical and housing) in Cantonese and Traditional Chinese via a website,
information sessions, and a hotline. The project managers’ main tasks are to manage different
teams and oversee the project.
This is ideal for migrants who do not yet have a job but seek work experience in an NGO.
Job Title: Career Programme Project Manager
Organisation: Cantonese in Ireland (a not-for-profit Organisation, register number: 719937)
Duration: 12 months
The Career Programme Project Managers will be responsible for managing the development
and implementation of a website, information sessions, and a hotline that will help migrants
to start their lives in Ireland. These platforms will provide information on job opportunities,
education, housing, healthcare, and other essential services. This is a part-time position.
• Develop and implement a project plan for the website development
• Manage the project teams’ members (website designer, translators, volunteers) and
ensure that project milestones are met
• Liaise with Cantonese in Ireland committee to ensure that the requirements of various
information platforms are met
• Develop and implement a marketing plan to promote the website
• Prepare regular progress reports for the organisation’s management team
• Reside in Ireland
• Fluent in Cantonese and good level of English
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• A good grasp of the needs and challenges faced by migrants in Ireland
• Qualification and experience in related areas are preferred
The successful candidates will gain valuable experience in project management. The
organisation will provide training and support to help the candidates succeed in this role.
Hilda Chan: email@example.com