Dear Students and Colleagues,
Campus Update and Arrangements for Studies and Work
- Cleaning and repair work is still underway at Kowloon Tong main campus and all students and colleagues are advised not to come back to the campus tomorrow (Tuesday, 19 November). Colleagues with operational needs to work on campus will be notified by their respective units.
- We strongly advise students who stay in halls and NTT to leave if practicable and those who have moved out not to return for the time being. The Science Tower at Ho Sin Hang Campus remains closed, and we will notify you once our campus is back to normal operation.
- Students are also reminded that all on-campus face-to-face learning has been switched to on-line and other alternative modes for the rest of the semester even after the campus is back to normal operation.
- As an added security measure to address students’ and colleagues’ concern over safety, we are setting up checkpoints at main entry / exit points on campus and at key buildings. Students and colleagues will have to show their Student Cards or Staff ID Cards for entry. For outside visitors, we would verify the purpose of their visit upon entry and conduct other security checks as necessary while minimizing any inconvenience to students and colleagues.
- These measures, which will take effect tomorrow, are introduced as a further safeguard against risks posed to our students and colleagues arising from potential intrusions to our campus by outside parties.
- As you can see from news reports, the situation remains volatile with outbreaks of violence and confrontation. I again appeal to all students to stay away from harm’s way.
Roland T Chin